You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you. ~Maya Angelou

Monday, September 27, 2010

Strange Folk Festival

Had a great time at the festival in O'fallon illinois! It was my first year and all I can say is I will be back next year if they'll have me. :)  Did pretty good on sales too. Sold a lot of bags, hats and cell phone/Ipod covers. I found my market closer to the big city it seems.

Lessoned learned: My type of creations are better suited for those in larger areas as many do not have the time to crochet as do many in the smaller rural areas. So I need to target the larger city venues. Downside is that they are usually more expensive in booth rental and alittle farther away to drive. Not to mention I have to have a much larger stock of items.

Next stop....My hometown Mt. Vernon! :)  October 16 is the Southern Illinois Harvest Festival in downtown Mt. Vernon Illinois. Come on by and see me there. I will have a booth set up and be selling some wildly new items! I cant wait for you to see them.

No comments:

Post a Comment