You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you. ~Maya Angelou

Saturday, August 14, 2010

ART AND CRAFT FESTIVAL TIME IN ILLINOIS

I am gearing up for my first Artsy Festival. Ive done a couple local festivals last year but this is the first artsy one Ive done so far. Im very excited!!! What you ask? The Strange Folk Festival in O'Fallon Illinois. It will be on Sept. 25,26. I was chosen along with 149 others out of ove 300 applicants so that really has me excited to be picked! I guess the judges saw something they thought they could use after all. lol.

My Boho bags, which are my specialty are in low stock right now. I only have 10 in my shop right now. Im currently working on another one now. Its very bright and colorful. I took time off from bags to work on some soda can hats and flower baretts and combs.

Before Strange Folk Festival I do have a smaller festival I will be going to on the 28th of August in Rossville Indiana, Summer's End Festival. If your in the area look my up. :) I will be there selling my crocheted creations alongside my sister who will be selling crocheted dog and cat blankets for the pet/child in your life.

Also plan to be at Appletime Festival in Murphysboro Illinois, Harvest Festival in Mt. Vernon Illinois, Oktoberfest in Sesser Illinois, and the Art and Craft Fair in Centralia Illinois. So many craft fairs!! Hope I can keep enough stock up to sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment