You can only become truly accomplished at something you love. Don't make money your goal. Instead, pursue the things you love doing, and then do them so well that people can't take their eyes off you. ~Maya Angelou

Monday, May 24, 2010

The Origin Of The Infamous Boho Bags of Pioneersis

Today is the first day of my new blogspot. I would like to share some ideas, hints, and projects with you the viewer. I have a shop on Etsy where I feature my main PROJECT at this time, which is my crocheted, fully lined boho bags. I have been selling them on Etsy since October 2008 and even though I added hats, scarves, headbands and other odds and ends the sale of the boho bags always eclipsed them. Also I really enjoy making the bags.
I have to agree with my quote from Maya above that we shouldnt do it for the money but just do what we love to do. So I revamped my shop, got rid of everything but the item I really do LOVE to make,the boho bags.

I came up with the design using two designs that had aspects I liked but I didnt like the overall designs themselves. I then threw in my own little bits here and there and viola! My first Boho Bag was born.

She was a sad little sack.....A little odd shaped here and there. I look back at her now and say, "Wow! I've come a long way baby!" Time has really helped me to refine my design. I have also started making my own handmade polymer clay beads. Thats another blog topic for another day. I am sewing and adding liners and pockets to them as well as handmade washing instruction labels.

A long, long way from the original poor little sad sack boho bag who went to the UK. Yes! She did. Along with sales all over the United States my little bags have traveled to Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, and Romania! Its pretty exciting that people around the world are drawn to this artistic outlet of mine.

My goal now, is to stay true to my artistic outlet of crocheting and design what I FEEL like designing and hope someone finds enjoyment in it.  Pursuing the things I love doing and doing them so well others cant take their eyes off of them, embrace them, and make them a part of themselves. :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the quote from Maya Angelou--very true and also much food for thought! Also thanks for sharing how you began to express your passion and staying true to your first love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your very welcome Vintage Queen. Thank you for stopping in and checking out my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete